april 19, 2009
mr. & ms. andy and anne tucker
april 27, 2009
april 27, 2009
Someone told me last week that it seemed I had fallen off the face of the earth. (And no doubt, my faithful readers, you have felt the same way.) This was at least partially intentional and partially beyond my control. My work schedule has been such that I have my evenings in the middle of the day, starting one job at nine in the morning and ending another at nine at night. This is not ideal, but it is temporary. At least, it has to be if dinnertime is ever to make a recovery in our house. I have also been joyfully overwhelmed with two weddings in the month of April, within one week of each other. One of the other interns was convinced I had been to five or six weddings, though it was really just two beautiful and delicious celebrations. Congratulations Dan and Rebecca; Andy and Anne. I'm looking forward to how God uses your marriages and I'm grateful you are together.
I've been keeping busy at the Portland Monthly offices, writing away and now steeped in fact-checking. If you are in the Portland area keep your eyes open for the May issue, out now. I've got a little piece about a new partnership between the Portland Art Museum and Portland State University. I won a little intern contest and will have an article in the June issue, though 200 words had to be cut. My six months there are almost done and I've really enjoyed it. I've done far more writing than I anticipated. People keep asking if I think they'll offer me a job at the end. There isn't a job to offer. Money is so tight and our pages are dwindling, an inevitable result of being so dependent on advertisers.
I'm actually not sure what I next after this internship. I'm going to start looking for a real job that doesn't have me at work until 9pm and then back the next day at 5:45am. I think I would like a desk. I'd love to be doing something related to the Church and ministry. At the moment I don't have any prospects, but am getting a sense that potential is building and the next step is coming. I wish I had the courage and community to start thinking about starting up a magazine or Web site. And the energy.
I've got a few different thoughts that I want to post here, if I can just get myself to sit down and write them out. At least I got myself here now to say hello.
I've been keeping busy at the Portland Monthly offices, writing away and now steeped in fact-checking. If you are in the Portland area keep your eyes open for the May issue, out now. I've got a little piece about a new partnership between the Portland Art Museum and Portland State University. I won a little intern contest and will have an article in the June issue, though 200 words had to be cut. My six months there are almost done and I've really enjoyed it. I've done far more writing than I anticipated. People keep asking if I think they'll offer me a job at the end. There isn't a job to offer. Money is so tight and our pages are dwindling, an inevitable result of being so dependent on advertisers.
I'm actually not sure what I next after this internship. I'm going to start looking for a real job that doesn't have me at work until 9pm and then back the next day at 5:45am. I think I would like a desk. I'd love to be doing something related to the Church and ministry. At the moment I don't have any prospects, but am getting a sense that potential is building and the next step is coming. I wish I had the courage and community to start thinking about starting up a magazine or Web site. And the energy.
I've got a few different thoughts that I want to post here, if I can just get myself to sit down and write them out. At least I got myself here now to say hello.
1 comment:
Do you speak english and want to learn spanish?
Visit our website. Click on my Open ID and welcome. Thanks!
Post a Comment