Thursday, February 22

Oh, Productivity.

In my mind I imagined this week, Missions Conference at Multnomah, would be full of me studying diligently and getting way ahead in my school work. To my complete surprise this barely happened. I did do a bit of preliminary research for my upcoming term paper "Continuity and Discontinuity between Calvin and Calvinism" (I'll keep you posted) and learned that John Calvin, the French reformer, and I were born on the same day about 474years apart. I didn't imagine I'd have such a strong connection to this term paper so early on. Our neighbor Jordan, upon hearing this, informed me I was predestined to become a Calvinist. We'll see.

I did get some other things accomplished. Our 4th Annual Pancake Day party was a complete success. Sadly I didn't make any English pancakes. Postively, I learned how to make crepes and ended up making some damn good ones, too. I'm looking forward to making more soon. Yum. Yum. Let me know if you want to come over and we can make some together.

3 comments:

Mr. Sanchez said...

I know how you feel, Spring Break Jr. always got the best of me too.

Andrea Cooley said...

I would love to come over and have some crepes. My sister is a master at them, but I'm usually too lazy to make them. My favorite ones are with cinnamin and brown sugar.
miss you!
andrea
(adam and i are planning a trip west in Aug, we'll keep you posted)

Halden said...

I'm glad that at least someone remembers what I named Missions Conference Spring Break Jr.

I called it that in front of my Bible Study Methods lab once. My students liked the term.

Oh, and your free will won't permit you to be predestined into calvinism. You can, of course freely chose to believe it, though! :)