
Four years ago, my fellow office workers in London kept talking about their favorite toppings for pancakes. Most like sugar and lemon. I had stumbled into the magical holiday called "Pancake Day." Now in America, on the same day, people often celebrate Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday and get drunk off their asses before entering the holy period of Lent. The English (and I've recently found the Irish as well) eat pancakes. Makes sense. It was while studying in London that I first celebrated Pancake Day and it was actually the first time in years that I liked pancakes. Now we are in our fourth year. If you are in Portland, Jon and I will be having a party starting around 7:30pm in good ole Apt. B1. If you are closer to Des Moines, call up Bo and ask her how to get to her Pancake Happy Hour. If you are in L.A. I think Becca is throwing some sort of party. If you are nowhere near either of those I suggest you throw your own party. It's a great tradition to uphold. Enjoy! Oh, and the above flyer was made by my husband. It's a little risque, but a lot of awesome.
1 comment:
I wanna go, but I guess it is a bit of a trip. Oh well, I guess we might just have one here in NYC? - David
Post a Comment