My good friend Sara once told me about facebook and how great it is. You can find friends from high school, she said. I don't want to find friends from high school, I said. Boy, was I wrong. As an impulsive move I signed up for a facebook account and now I'm giddy with excitement. I started to see photos of friends from all over the place, some who I thought had disappeared forever. I'm most excited to find my friend Chris, whom I last talked to right before he got shipped off to Iraq. Following our MidWest pilgrimage, this facebook thing has been an opportunity to connect with people again. I know it's cheesy, because the horrible student speaker at my brother's graduation said something like, "and we all said the f-word at least seven times a day...by f-work i mean facebook! gosh!" but i'd like to thanks my friend sara for getting me to eventually sign up.
In other news, Jon's family is in town for the weekend. It's really good to see them and hang out. I had to work this morning so I'm still hiding out at the house until I meet up with all seven of them later this afternoon.
In unrelated news, when jon and i were in Illinois at this enormous outlet mall we found parappa the rappa 2. since then i've been singing bits of the level songs in my head. and i'm thinking about tim's story and how he was rapping awful.
Saturday, May 26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ugh. Thanks for reminding me. I should buy that game, if only to achieve a note of redemption. I was not rapping awful. I maintain to this day that the game somehow sensed I was white and penalized me thusly.
I'm glad you're on facebook, too. it's heavenly, isn't it?
Post a Comment