Wednesday, June 20

cleanliness is loneliness

Picture this: a young wife spends thirty hours of her week slinging lattes and managing baristas in a fast-paced and very clean environment. The other parts of her weeks include time at church, volunteering, reading smalls books with well designed covers, creating dinners with chicken as the main course, watching malcolm in the middle reruns, etc. And then there are times when she is alone in the apartment she shares with her equally young husband. What is she to do?

Jon officially went back to school on Monday, so we are now officially into day three of jon being in school and me working. It's weird. I decided yesterday that the best solution to first being alone or second being alone because jon was here but doing schoolwork was to clean the house. I put on the decemberists and had a good time scrubbing away. And it's too bad we don't have silver to polish because I'm not quite sure what to do next. Rearrange furniture? Buy decorative pieces online? Set out on my own exploring the city and meeting new and interesting people? I guess we'll have to wait and see. I am thinking of turning a long piece of dried grape vine into a chandelier type fixture. More to come.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Like any classic housewife you should start drinking cocktails at 3 in the afternoon. Then by your late thirties, and two or three stops in rehab, you'll be clean enough to watch your children grow up.

Or you can start lifting weights and train for the 2010 olympics.

Or you can wander around downtown Portland looking for Juan Carlos.

There's so many possibilities.