I have to admit it--I've put myself in a pissy mood the past couple of days. I find myself at work mumbling, "Grumblecakes, grumblecakes. Grumblecakes, may I help you? Grumblecakes, do you want your iced coffee sweetened? Grumblecakes, can't you get your coffee somewhere else?" And I'll also apologize for all that grumbling. Jon and I got back from visiting family in Santa Cruz on Monday evening. We only had a few days before school started on Monday for us both, and gosh darnit we were going to make the most of it. Right? In some ways we did. We went with Andy to see Wilco on Wednesday and entertained an out of town friend of a friend on Tuesday. But then I had deadlines and headaches and little motivation to do the things I wanted to do. And every hour I spent at work sent me barreling toward fall semester and the inevitable forfeit of all freetime and relaxation--no break, no long sigh or moment to think. It was closing Thursday, closing Friday, working all stinking day on Saturday, Church on Sunday and then class on Monday morning, meeting Monday night, more class Tuesday, work, class, work, class, dishes. School. Boo. School.
And we're going to take a sigh. *sigh* and put away all that negativity. Here goes.
Here's what I'm taking this fall class-wise: Biblical Theology with the hobbit like Dr. Baylis, Ethics and General Epistles with a new professor (oooohhh, new professor) and Acts, Pauline Epistles with Kim/Johnson. For the last class I'm looking forward to sitting in the back, protesting any group projects and writing down all noteworthy quotes. (Walls, people, We've got to build up our walls!)What else? Non-class-wise, I get to hang out with Imago families on Sunday, which is very good. Tonight, Yuka taught me the differences between Japanese people (guitar pick shaped heads), Korean people (rounder faces, wider noses) and Filipino people (round faces, widest noses and darker skin). That alone should be enough to keep us all happy.
Friday, August 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love grumblecakes. Sounds like you need to try yours sweetened a bit. Dunkin Donuts sells tons of grumblecakes out here (thus the infamous grumbly moods of Right Coasters).
Post a Comment