Wednesday, February 6

Happy Pancake Day



Our 5th Annual Pancake Day celebration was a great success thanks to the Costco sized bag of pancake mix and the 30 guests who graced us with their presence. It was so great to have loads of people over from different parts of our lives. It was even better to be flipping pancakes and see friends from Church mingle with friends from school and have two different parts of our lives meet. This year we added doughnuts to the tradition from the best donut place in town--Annie's. If you couldn't make it there is always Cinco de Mayo to look forward to and in lest than a year there will be the 6th annual Pancake Day Party. Thanks again to our guests for making it such a great night.

Now that everything is cleaned up and I've had a good 9 1/2 hours of sleep, it's time for Lent to begin. This is the third year Jon and I are giving up sweets. This year I'm also adding journaling and writing letters as positive fasting (?). I'm looking forward to this time of reflection and sacrifice as I prepare for Good Friday and Easter. Have a Blessed Lent.

1 comment:

Andrea Cooley said...

we continued the tradition in des moines. it was bigger than ever this year