Jon has a great joke about people who go on "cleanses." You know lemon juice and cayenne pepper and what not. They always seem to say, "Oh I feel so much better after my cleanse." Jon replies (fictionally because it's a joke and not an actual conversation), "Of course you feel good, you're eating again." I've read that a good dose of fiber and exercise will do the trick without the sting of lemon. As such, Jon and I have been on a bit of a health kick lately. We've been eating loads of salad and looking at the nutritional information on everything we eat. Before Jon came down with a cold this week we were walking regularly. Look at us, models of a healthy lifestyle. It could only go so far until I got the domestic urge to bake some cookies. So now we've got salad and cookies. A healthy balance in my opinion. You're welcome to stop by and claim your share of chocolate chip cookies. I know Jon owes our friend Andy cookie backpay for the rest of his life, due to his almost complete consumption of the cookies Andy's grandma express mailed him in college. That's a Sanchez story worth hearing. When you do make it over, it would be helpful if you had some motivational words for me. I've been severely slacking in my studies. I've got a rough draft of my first paper due Monday and nothing but theories floating around in my head. "What is the Hebrew word for rest?" It will be hard to convince my professor that I was researching the concept of rest in Psalm 95 by watching both series 1 and 2 of The Office (British Version). Maybe if I had taken a trip to Israel to survey the Holy Land, one possible definition for rest. Though it seems, no one is enjoying much rest these days over in Israel if that's what the Psalmist meant. And if I could muster up enough discipline I'd be convinced that I'd only truly rest once the paper was written. At least, I'd rest for a bit. As for now I'm letting things stew in my head in the hopes that something brilliant to pop out when I start putting words on the page. Wish me luck.
Friday, February 1
Fridays that Feel like Tuesdays that Feel like Sundays
Jon has a great joke about people who go on "cleanses." You know lemon juice and cayenne pepper and what not. They always seem to say, "Oh I feel so much better after my cleanse." Jon replies (fictionally because it's a joke and not an actual conversation), "Of course you feel good, you're eating again." I've read that a good dose of fiber and exercise will do the trick without the sting of lemon. As such, Jon and I have been on a bit of a health kick lately. We've been eating loads of salad and looking at the nutritional information on everything we eat. Before Jon came down with a cold this week we were walking regularly. Look at us, models of a healthy lifestyle. It could only go so far until I got the domestic urge to bake some cookies. So now we've got salad and cookies. A healthy balance in my opinion. You're welcome to stop by and claim your share of chocolate chip cookies. I know Jon owes our friend Andy cookie backpay for the rest of his life, due to his almost complete consumption of the cookies Andy's grandma express mailed him in college. That's a Sanchez story worth hearing. When you do make it over, it would be helpful if you had some motivational words for me. I've been severely slacking in my studies. I've got a rough draft of my first paper due Monday and nothing but theories floating around in my head. "What is the Hebrew word for rest?" It will be hard to convince my professor that I was researching the concept of rest in Psalm 95 by watching both series 1 and 2 of The Office (British Version). Maybe if I had taken a trip to Israel to survey the Holy Land, one possible definition for rest. Though it seems, no one is enjoying much rest these days over in Israel if that's what the Psalmist meant. And if I could muster up enough discipline I'd be convinced that I'd only truly rest once the paper was written. At least, I'd rest for a bit. As for now I'm letting things stew in my head in the hopes that something brilliant to pop out when I start putting words on the page. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You should ask Andy about how we used to motivate each other to go to class in college.
It is quite effective.
Well spoken, Mr. Sanchez. It is quite effective indeed.
If "bad cop" doesn't work, however, I am willing to offer out of the kindness of my heart a bit of my "cookie comeuppance," if you will, in exchange for research. Any takers?
Post a Comment