I wish I could say this is why I have not written in quite some time. Last week marked my return to class and this time will be the last time. This is my last semester and last class to be exact. I'll be graduating in May, Lord willing. Over the break I was sure I would get to all those things I couldn't find time for during the semester. Instead I read, a lot, and played some guitar hero, and visited family. Now it's work and school and ministry and calling friends on the weekends, "do you want to hang out?" Some exciting things are in the works for the Sanchez family. We will be graduating and moving out of married student housing come this summer. We have a niece and nephew popping up into the world around April and May. We're excited to meet them. We are starting to plan a trip to Japan. (Of course, right. Of course Jon is going to Japan. I'm stoked, too.) We're into our third year of marriage, having celebrated our 2nd anniversary and laid to rest our newlywed phase. We're goofing around, having fun, yucking it up. For now Jon is student teaching and showing 8th and 9th grade English all he's got. He's good at it, too. I've just set out my academic course for the semester. I'll be writing three and reworking one research paper(s). The following are my topics:Psalm 95: The reinstatement of Rest
Ephesians 3:10: The Cosmic Agency of the Church
The Cosmology of Paul: Understanding the heavenlies of Ephesians
Veneration of Saints and Martyrs in the Early Church: A look at the theological development of sainthood and its implications for modern Christian community
I'm pretty excited about these as some are topics I've been wanting to chase down for awhile. I start officially researching for Psalm 95 tomorrow. And I've missed you. It's good to be talking again.
No comments:
Post a Comment