This morning I ate a few bites of a fabulous brownie concoction and found myself saying, "He is risen indeed." Why else would I be eating sweets on a Monday? Now that Lent is officially over, I can take a few minutes to reflect. And to be honest it was kind of lame. At least, I was pretty lame about it this year. Giving up sweets for the third year running didn't prove to be a great challenge. It was the positive aspects, the adding somethings, that sucked. I did minimal reflecting and writing and reading. But it was good to see some resurrection hope in the past week. I got to have three conversations about ministry with three different people with whom I am in ministry. I read the Bible some and prayed some. I did much of what Travis did in his latest post, confessing I've been a bad friend. And it was so sweet to have a prayer rise out of me, which I have not earnestly prayed for four years. Having breathed a sigh I heard myself says, "Overwhelm us...with Your love." I learned that prayer when I was attending Westminster Chapel in London my junior year of college. I had since forgotten it and it came as a surprise from my own lips. And it has been my hope these past couple of days that God can reteach me and remind me of his love and work in my life.
This week is Spring Break at the Sanchez house. Jon has commenced the week long event by bidding for and winning a top loading NES + 8 games and cleaning kit on Ebay. He wanted me to tell you. I'm getting odds and ends done, thinking about teaching 3-year-olds about the Church, and heading to work in about half an hour (because the coffee grinder is not going to deep clean itself).
Monday, March 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment