Every Sunday I call my parents who live in Wisconsin. Every Sunday my Mom answers and pretends to be surprised that I am on the other end. Both my Mom and my Dad, on a typical day will proceed to talk my ear off for upwards of 2 hours. I enjoy hearing what their weekend activities and how the dog or grandson is so cute and how I have to see it or him. I'm partly to blame for the unbalanced conversation because when they ask how things are for me and what I've been up to I never seem to have a long or interesting answer. This past week I had class and work on Monday, worked Tuesday and then was writing a paper for the rest of the week. Nothing to call home about. Jon on the other hand has been busy. Mostly he's at school, teaching punk students about the New Deal(s). But when he's home and near craigslist.org he's wheeling and dealing. Today he bought two NES consoles. This week he's sold and spent games and consoles equally upwards of hundreds of dollars. I'm a little proud of him. It's got to be one of his spiritual gifts. I'm also a bit mystified by it all. So, I decided to you in on what the Sanchez: Portland Division family has been up to. Jon's collecting and selling all things Nintendo. I'm shooting him confused looks and starting to look at the Nintendo franchise forming in our home with a hint of jealousy. What did you do this week?
Saturday, April 19
Nintendo Wife, Nintendo Strife
Every Sunday I call my parents who live in Wisconsin. Every Sunday my Mom answers and pretends to be surprised that I am on the other end. Both my Mom and my Dad, on a typical day will proceed to talk my ear off for upwards of 2 hours. I enjoy hearing what their weekend activities and how the dog or grandson is so cute and how I have to see it or him. I'm partly to blame for the unbalanced conversation because when they ask how things are for me and what I've been up to I never seem to have a long or interesting answer. This past week I had class and work on Monday, worked Tuesday and then was writing a paper for the rest of the week. Nothing to call home about. Jon on the other hand has been busy. Mostly he's at school, teaching punk students about the New Deal(s). But when he's home and near craigslist.org he's wheeling and dealing. Today he bought two NES consoles. This week he's sold and spent games and consoles equally upwards of hundreds of dollars. I'm a little proud of him. It's got to be one of his spiritual gifts. I'm also a bit mystified by it all. So, I decided to you in on what the Sanchez: Portland Division family has been up to. Jon's collecting and selling all things Nintendo. I'm shooting him confused looks and starting to look at the Nintendo franchise forming in our home with a hint of jealousy. What did you do this week?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment