Saturday, December 20

Christmas Duck


Jon and I are sitting around the house, waiting to leave for the airport. It has been snowing since last night, so we're hoping our flight is not canceled. After a week of snow and more forecasted for next week, we're ready to get out of here, even if it is raining in Santa Cruz. While I'm waiting around the house, I thought I'd take a second to show off the gift I got in a white elephant exchange on Thursday. We had a party for our home community, a small group from church, and I scored this awesome duck pitcher. Someone's embarrassing birthday gift was my treasure. I tried using it to water the plants today without much success, but I'll keep it around as a conversation piece and as a new part of my kitschy kitchen.

If we make it to California, I'll post some photos of the goings on. We're looking forward to seeing family and having some time off.

No comments: