One thing I enjoy about winter is how cozy and warm my bed becomes, an oasis of warmth in our drafty 60-degree apartment. The problem is I struggle to leave that oasis although if I could will it I would be up at 6:30am washing dishes and changing the world. By 7:50am I was more seriously considering the plan to be up at 7:30 and looking through the slats of our blinds what was that falling from the sky but big fluffy flakes of snow! I jumped (well actually I think I still layed in bed a minute longer) otu of bed and looked out the window. It's snowing! In Portland! Snow! And school will be canceled! Hooray. The sad part was that Jon had already driven off to work and there would be no one to share this snow day with.
So, I read for a bit, drank some tea, called my Mom, cleaned our spare room, watched the news. They are calling it "Winter Blast" because Apocalypse Now was taken and boy do I feel sorry for the rookie news anchors who are stationed at street corners around the city telling the viewers at home how stinking cold this "Winter Blast" is. My plan is to leave my car buried and because I don't have homework I may watch a movie or continue dusting the house. Nevertheless, I can't help but feel a bit closer to my MidWestern roots.
Here are somethings to look forward to soon on this little blog of mine:
News of how I will be responsible and diligent this semester. I'm calling the beginnnig of this semester: "Winter Blast of Biblical Studies."
Also, I'll try and post a photo of all this gorgeous white snow.
Ciao!
Tuesday, January 16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment