Saturday, January 13

Last night my fellow barista, Aja was taking in the furniture at the end of the evening (we were both working if that clears things up a bit) and witnessed a vw station wagon careen into a parked car smashing its back end. He screamed a bit. We were both confused and Aja added that perhaps the driver has fallen asleep? Strange. Then as we were leaving an undercover Camero cop pulled over a truck. Walking to my car I took the risk and jay-walked.

That's just a bit of work anecdote and lead to a bigger topic. It is extremely likely that I'm moving up the coporate ladder in the near future with the promotion to Shift Supervisor. This is exciting, mostly for the pay raise and opportunity for more hours when school's out and another opportunity to flex my leadership skills. Before I can start training I have an interview with the district manager (annager?) which I'm promised is not intense or taxing and I should do just fine. We'll see. I was told by a friend who endured the aforementioned interview that it did not go well. The downfall was when she was asked if she has ever broken a rule and she didn't answer no. This question has been plaguing me at work as I think through all small rules I'm breaking or possibly breaking. I'll let you know how it goes, although it won't be until February. Until then I'll just be making drinks and pushing buttons like any ole barista.

No comments: