Tuesday, April 17

If I had time...

If I wasn't morally obligated to get to my school work and research I would love to tell you about one of my classes and take time to rant a little. One of my professors proposed that the church is simply a "sidebar" to the history of God's work. Will the ethnic Jews please raise your hands? I kept making vomiting noises in my head. If the Church is a sidebar, then Christ is severly diminished in his significance. Is that easy to swallow?

But I didn't come here to rant, but to rejoice. My nephew is due to enter this world very soon. My brother called last night to tell me they were in the hospital getting ready to have their baby boy. I'm telling everyone so I thought I'd tell you. I'm more than excited as this is the first grandchild on my family's side and I love the idea of my brother becoming a dad. Hopefully I'll have an official birth announcement soon. My brother and I were joking about how he was praying his son would be born on his birthday (April 18th) and my Dad was praying he'd be born on Earth Day (April 22nd?). We decided my Dad loses, but Eric may win. Either way, here comes Oliver into the Anderson Family.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hello Beautiful!

Congradulations on the pending arrival of your nephew, so exciting! I hope your week is going well. We should all hang out soon.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

April 22nd is my girlfriend's birthday. She enjoys sharing her day with Earth Day because it's marked in every calendar so it's an easy reference point.

Your nephew should be so lucky. Anyway, that's pretty exciting. Congrats!

P.S. That Jon sure is cool, huh? Get ready for a lot more mentions from me, Jon.