You've heard the story, right? As a junior in college studying in London I discovered the holiday Pancake Day. Around the world people celebrate Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday by getting drunk and lifting their tops for plastic beads. The English eat pancakes. On the first Pancake Day (for me) I celebrated with a few friends after trying to find pancake mix and being consoled by an English friend that we could make it from scratch. Since then, we've been celebrating by inviting a bunch of people over to whatever little apartment we were living in and making tons of pancakes. It's so simple, but somehow brings so much joy and fun. I think that's why people keep coming back to our party and have started hosting their own. Bo's far surpassed mine the first year she had her own party. It has become a Sanchez signature holiday that we look forward to each year. I hope you had a great Pancake Day, wherever you were. You're invited over next year.
Wednesday, February 25
6th Annual Pancake Day Party
You've heard the story, right? As a junior in college studying in London I discovered the holiday Pancake Day. Around the world people celebrate Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday by getting drunk and lifting their tops for plastic beads. The English eat pancakes. On the first Pancake Day (for me) I celebrated with a few friends after trying to find pancake mix and being consoled by an English friend that we could make it from scratch. Since then, we've been celebrating by inviting a bunch of people over to whatever little apartment we were living in and making tons of pancakes. It's so simple, but somehow brings so much joy and fun. I think that's why people keep coming back to our party and have started hosting their own. Bo's far surpassed mine the first year she had her own party. It has become a Sanchez signature holiday that we look forward to each year. I hope you had a great Pancake Day, wherever you were. You're invited over next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment