Tuesday, September 11

hair plan update




Brandon Barker could take credit, and perhaps the Barker family as a whole, for many of the good ministry experiences I have had along with a mannerism or idea here and there. One of which would be the hair plan. The Barkers like to ask what your hair plan is. Mine is usually a gradual progression from short to long. It could also be summarized as lazy or frugal. It could fourthly be classified as intuitive. When I feel in the core of my being that my hair has become too long I decide to get it cut. That feeling happened sometime last week and here's the result. Mind you, I'm alone at home right now and my hair photographer/husband is not around to help. Be forgiving in your critiques.

If you'd like to talk about something completely different with me, I'll admit to feeling this odd sense of nostalgia last night. Often times after I got back from studying in London I would dream of being back there and would miss it intensely the next day. And I think with due reason, as God did a lot to comfort and strengthen me while I was over there. And I met some amazing people and lived in London. But yesterday I was in a great mood and partly because I was emotionally remembering a few different times and people. It was a relief in some ways from being stressed or frustrated. I'm not sure. But it was nostalgic, which doesn't seem like a viable feeling if we're not thinking of the 1950s.

4 comments:

Andrea Cooley said...

i like your short hair. remember when you let me trim your hair in the GK bathroom? i can't believe you let me do that...

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Remember when I let you DYE my hair in the GK bathroom? Ah, post-adolescent delayed rebellion.

lynette said...

yes! tim i have thought about that at various times. i was thinking about that when my sister in law had her husband dye her hair that blue black color we dyed your hair. that was fun.

allijack said...

I think your self-photographic skills are stellar.

nostalgic: also a good word to describe how I feel with my FL friend memories. I've had many of them as of late. so I can relate. and I can rhyme. impressive, eh?