
In my gradual mission to make our kitchen a little midcentury modern and/or 50s glam, I recently acquired a cake platter and dome at a local thrift shop. It cost $4.99 and was just what I was looking for. In the past few weeks I've ended my shift and passed the kitchen kaboodle store on the way to my car. With a sidelong glance, I looked longingly at the cake platters they had on display. "If only..." I would sigh. And yet dreams do come true. Here is the new Sanchez Family Cake Platter (with accompanying Dome). Tah-dah. Initiating it into our home are a batch of chocolate chip cookies from my family's recipe. Delish! And there's Jon's face. Gorgeous. Soon, the cake platter will serve its true purpose as I attempt to make a Link cake for Jon's Birthday. Want to see it happen? Come to his birthday party this Saturday the 22nd between 7p and 10p. We'll have cupcakes, too. (Lord willing.)
3 comments:
Man...those cookies look good! Good score on the cake platter! ;)
In Christ,
Noah
oh! that is just the cake platter I am looking for! I'll keep my eyes out at thrift stores and such :) ...but if yours goes missing any time soon...
Post a Comment